- How We Collect Information
- The Information We Collect
- How We Use Your Information
- Disclosure of Your Information
- Retention of Information
- Accessing Your Information
- Changes to this policy
- Customer Information
1. IntroductionThis policy explains:
- how we collect information about you both directly and indirectly;
- what information we collect about you
- the ways in which we may use and share that information; and
- how you can update or access any personal information we hold about you.
2. How We Collect Information
- We ONLY collect information directly from you when you book and service or purchase a product from us via telephone, email, or elsewhere.
3. The Information We CollectWe collect such information as:
- your name;
- billing address;
- installation address;
- delivery address;
- telephone number;
- email address;
- for contracted clients only we also store user account login details for computers and websites;
4. How We Use Your InformationWe may use and analyse information about you in order to:
- we do NOT share your data with anyone, we do not send out newsletters or other communications unless required by law;
- process your order;
- supply Services and products that you have ordered;
- contact you if necessary;
- verify that you are an authorised user for security purposes;
- arrange for payment of goods or Services purchased;
- inform you of any changes of service or provide advice;
- assist us with crime and fraud prevention such as to check your identity;
- assist you with any product or Services enquiries, including the investigation and resolution of service affecting issues and dealing with any billing queries you may have;
- investigate any complaints or other enquiries that you submit to us;
- debt tracing, debt recovery, credit management and crime, fraud and money laundering detection and prevention; and
5. Disclosure of your InformationWe may disclose your information:
- to credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies;
- to any relevant public authority or law enforcement agency;
- where required by law, regulation or legal proceedings;
- where we believe it is necessary to protect Digital Medic or third party rights and property; or
- where you give us false or inaccurate information and we identify or suspect fraud.
- Where we are compelled to do so by law;
- in response to a valid, legally compliant request by a competent authority;
- during emergencies when we believe physical safety is at risk;
- in response to a complaint that that there has been a breach of the Services terms & conditions or any other product or service terms of which you have been notified;
6. Retention of InformationWe retain information only for as long as we need it. In relation to the following information we are required to retain it for not less than six months and not more than five years (as required by law) in order to ensure that this information is available for the purpose of the investigation, detection and prosecution of serious crime:
- Telephone number;
- Email Address;
- Date and time of any bookings;
7. Accessing your Information
- We can supply certain types of personal information on request: including but not limited to billing, name and address. Requests should be made in writing and include your name, contact telephone number and proof of your identity (such as a photocopy of your passport, birth certificate or driving licence) and address (for example, a copy of a utility bill or bank statement), and the information you require. We'll charge you £10 to cover the administrative cost of supplying the requested information. If we hold any inaccurate information about you, please tell us and we will correct it.
- Our address is:
Digital Medic Ltd
8 Lime Avenue,
Horsham, West Sussex.
8. Changes to this PolicyWe will keep this policy under review and any changes made from time to time will be posted on this page.
9. Security and Protection of Customer Information
- You data is stored on our system using 256-bit encryption which is the strongest standardized encryption available, and is used for secret and top secret information all over the worldPasswords
- You must not share your password for any message services or Portal access. Your passwords and the answers to secret questions are your responsibility, and must not be disclosed to any third party. This is also important for your own protection.
- Data Security Procedures
- We are constantly reviewing our procedures to protect your personal data from unauthorised access, accidental loss and/or destruction. We DO NOT hold any bank or credit card details.
- Security of Communications
- Please be aware that communications over the Internet, such as e-mails and Webmails, are not secure unless they have been encrypted. Your communications may route through a number of countries before being delivered - this is the nature of the World Wide Web/Internet. Digital Medic cannot accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of personal information that is beyond our control.
- Users 16 and under
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent or guardian's permission before contacting us and providing any personal information. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
- Cookies A "cookie" is a piece of information, like a tag, which some websites create on your PC/mobile phone which identifies your PC/mobile phone whenever you visit that website. In order to provide you with the best possible online experience, Digital Medic may create cookies when you visit the Digital Medic site. In order to help you, cookies may be used to:
- keep track of how many times you visit the website;
- track where you have come from if you were referred to our Portal;
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most PCs automatically accept them but you can modify your browser settings to decline if you so wish - click here to switch off cookies on your browser. If you decline cookies, some aspects of the Digital Medic site may not work on your PC/mobile phone and you may not be able to access areas you want on the website. For this reason we recommend that you accept cookies. If you select the 'Remember Me' function, where it is available, for any return visits, you will need to have cookies enabled on your browser.
The following services: broadband Internet connection and access, modem and associated cables and filter(s) lease services, IP address services, maintenance and support services, and such other services as are agreed in a broadband order or as Digital Medic may agree to provide you from time to time under the broadband contract.
The international system of interconnected computer networks utilising standard protocols and procedures to transmit electronic data.
The electronic communications system by which we make Services available in the United Kingdom.
Unsolicited "junk" e-mail or messages sent to large numbers of people to promote products or services. The term also refers to inappropriate promotional or commercial postings to discussion groups or bulletin boards.
An email system that can be accessed via the web browser.
Services provided from our website www.o2.co.uk and any additional websites linked from our website.
Services terms and conditions.
Terms and conditions for our Services located on our website.